Friday, January 16, 2015

Hollidays

I didn't go to college (much) I don't have a pledge pin or a set of Greek letters to connect me to my brothers and sisters. I don't have memories of rush. I am happy for any who have this idea and ideal, Fraternal love is ever abounding in many ways.
When I was of that age I took a different path.
I do remember how the Men and Women beside me might save my life and that I might be required to give mine for them.

I do remember the oath my Brothers and Sisters took, Right hand raised, frightened but proud, Fierce and unknowing.
I will always remember on my Holy days to remember to pray for my Shipmates, for all of those who Serve our nation. I sleep warm because they walk upon that wall and say "not on my watch."
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Joyous Yuletide, ...
may God be with you, where ever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment