Sunday, August 11, 2013

Two more



A man outside the temple began to yell and fuss
Of masons and their useless ways, “who needs you today?”
Another walked the Temple stairs; He looked at all of us.
Then to the first the second said, “I think I’ll have my Say”
These Men you see before you, gave no thought to their own gain
They did not ask what I could give when I came unto this door
When my dear child was stricken down with hardship and with pain
Instead they gave me Friendships hand and ask me nothing more
So now I come with hat in hand a Prayer upon my heart
Not desperate nor yet hopeless now, not fearful in the least
To Join their numbers now I dream, my hope I now impart
Petition I have here in hand, To give it Them in Peace
Two months ago this did unfold, outside our Temple Door
It’s two good Masons we now have for now, and ever more.

No comments:

Post a Comment