Monday, August 26, 2013

Building

I spent a humbling weekend in the pursuit of Operative Masonry. I don't think we speculative Masons always appreciate the idea of a "bearer of burdens", let alone the craftsmanship it takes to build even a small and modest structure.

In this project I am the master deciding what goes where and when the Craftsman overseeing the work and the apprentice hauling the stone. .

My hands have bled, my muscles scream "how dare you?!"

My spirit though found peace in labor, my mind a challenge in the yet uncompleted project. My body will heal and be stronger for the labor.

I am proud of the work I have done and when this patio is finished, a mere 220 sq feet, I will drink a toast to those who spent _7 years_ upon the temple. My weekends labor tells me I know little of their dedication and purpose in constructing the house of the covenant.


No comments:

Post a Comment